page top

Family Banking

Attention: open in a new window. Print

Lending a helping hand

We understand that it is a tough market out there and sometimes you just need a helping hand to get you through the process of owning your first home.

LCU allows a family member to guarantee up to 20% of the loan through either a first mortgage against their property or a term deposit. The homebuyer secures the remaining 80% and pays off both loans.


  • The home buyer does not need the full upfront deposit. They may only have a portion of the deposit but can avoid paying the lenders mortgage insurance premiums.
  • When the total amount owing on the loan is reduced to below 80% of the value of the property (LVR); the guarantor, upon request, may be released from the loan contract with no ongoing liability.
  • This option can be used in conjunction with our First Home Buyer Loan or any other LCU mortgage loans (e.g. Fixed, variable, interest only home loans)
  Additional information